Thursday, May 3, 2012

Korean Learn (Level 2 part 4) [hago, rang, irang]



now we wanna learn to say "and" again last part we learn that "and" is 그리고 (geurigo)

now there are another way to say "and" with 하고 (hago) and (이)랑 [(i)rang]

now let see the 하고 (hago) first. 하고 (hago) used like a particle and attached right after a noun without space.

now let see the example
이거 (igeo) = this, this thing
이거하고 이거 (igeohago igeo) = this and this
이거하고 이거 주세요 (igeohago igeo juseyo) = give me this and this

now let see the (이)랑 [(i)rang]
if the noun end with a vowel so it will followed with 랑 (rang)
and if the noun are end with consonant followed by 이랑 (irang)
이랑, 랑, 하고 (irang,rang, and hago) are almost iterchageable, but 이랑 (irang) and 랑 (rang) is mor colloquial and casual so it is not commonly used in very formal settings

example
우유 (uyu) = milk
빵 (ppang) = bread
우유랑 빵 (uyurang ppang) = milk and bread
빵이랑 우유 (ppangirang uyu) = bread and milk
우유랑 빵 샀어요 (uyurang ppang sasseoyo) = I bought milk and bread

another meaning of 하고 (hago) and (이)랑 [(i)rang]

both of it are used to mean "and" and conect nouns but depending on the context it can also mean "with" and it is usually very easy to tell wich meaning it takes


example
친구하고 영화 봤어요 (chinguhago yeonghwa bwasseoyo) = I saw a movie with a friend
*note: its not mean as "I watch a friend and a movie"

another example
누구하고 같이 갔어요? (nuguhago gatchi gasseoyo?) = who did you go with?

남자 친구하고 데이트 할고예요. (namja chinguhago deite halgoyeyo) = I'm going to go on a date with my boyfriend.

매운 거랑 단 거 좋아해요 (maeun georang dan geo joaheyo) = I like spicy foods and sweet foods


hm how about 그리고 (geurigo)?
그리고 (geurigo) commonly used for conect sentences than things or nouns ^_^

now u can say and and and ^_^

see you at the next part ^_^



Credit : TTMIK
Posted by : @LeeSoYoung_soe
Facebook Fan Page : SoYoung The Kpopers
Please take full Credit if you share this.... credit me SoYoungTheKPopers.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. In English, 'and' is normally/often a connector of items: I'm buying peaches and rice and meat.
    There is no necessary connection of the three items (except you're buying them at the same time and place)

    Is -hago a bit different? Is -hago more like 'with', and less like 'and'?
    Example:
    I like peaches and meat. (no connection), but:
    I like rice-hago meat. = "I like meat with-rice" In other words "When I eat meat I (prefer to) have the meat but I want rice also. I don't like just meat."

    Let me put it another way. Using 'and' you can string together 3, 4, many items. And they don't have to have any important connection. Can -hago work the same way? Is this good Korean: "In the summer we went to Italy-hago Japan-hago Brazil-hago..." Italy, Japan, Brazil are just a list of countries visited; they are not really connected in any other way in the sentence.Or is there another connector that Korean prefers for this sort of construction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I think I found the answer:
      Ajoˇssi: Kwail-hago ojingoˇ-hago maruˇn anju-hago
      p’ajoˇn-hago . . . ta issoˇyo. --Teach Yourself Korean (native Jaehoon Yeon, author)

      It's just a list, no deeper association of the items.

      Delete