Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Korean Learn (Level 2 part 15) [only]


In this part, we are going to learn how to say “only” in Korean.

There are a few different ways to say “only” in Korean, but the most basic way of saying it is adding -만 [-man] after a noun, a pronoun or the noun form (-기) of a verb.

1. Adding -만 after nouns and pronouns
이것 + 만 = 이것만 [i-geot-man] = only this
ex) 이것만 살 거예요. [i-geot-man sal geo-ye-yo] = I will only buy this.

저 + 만 = 저만 [jeo-man] = me only, I only
ex) 저만 들었어요. [jeo-man deu-reo-sseo-yo] = Only I heard.

커피 + 만 = 커피만 [keo-pi-man] = only coffee
ex) 아침에에는 커피만 마셔요. [a-chi-me-neun keo-pi-man ma-syeo-yo] = I only drink coffee in the morning.


2. Adding -만 after noun forms of verbs
** In order to add -만 after a verb, you need to change the verb into the noun form using -기, and add -만 하다. You literally say “I only do - ing

듣다 [deut-da] = to hear,to listen
듣 + 기 = 듣기 [deut-gi] = listening (noun form)
듣 + -기 + -만 하다 = 듣기만 하다 [deut-gi-man ha-da] = to only listen
Ex) 듣기만 했어요. [deut-gi-man hae-sseo-yo] = I only listened (and didn’t talk).


another example
보 다 [bo-da] = to see, to look
보 + 기 = 보기 [bo-gi] = seeing, looking
보 + -기 + -만 하다 = 보기만 하다 [bo-ga-man ha-da] = to only see, to just look
Ex) 보기만 할 거예요. [bo-gi-man hal geo-ye-yo] = I will only look (and not touch it).


sample sentences

1. 오늘만 일찍 왔어요. [oneul-man il-jjik wa-sseo-yo]= I got here early only today.

2. 맥주만 주문했어요. [maek-ju-man ju-mun-hae-sseo-yo]= I only ordered beer.


finish than.... hope this not confusing u.... ^_^ thanks for learning with me and see you at part 16 ^_^ chingudeul saranghaeyo ^_^



Credit : TTMIK
Posted by : @LeeSoYoung_soe
Facebook Fan Page : SoYoung The Kpopers
Please take full Credit if you share this.... credit me SoYoungTheKPopers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment