Friday, May 11, 2012

Korean Learn (Level 2 part 13) [-do particle]



in this part 13 we wanna learn one more particle

the particle that we wanna learn is -도 (do)

-도 (do) is used to represent th meaning of 'too' and 'also'

in english we add expression 'too' or 'also' or 'as well' to the sentence but in korean we add the particle -도 (do) after the noun or pronoun that already has a particle behind it. -도 (do) can replace th particle

example ^_^
I'm a student = 저는 학생이에요 (jeoneun haksaengieyo)
I'm a student, too = 저도 학생이에요 (jeodo haksaengieyo)

-도 (do) replacing -는 (neun)

next example
I brought this = 이것 가져왔어요 (igeot gajyeowasseoyo)
I brought this, too = 이것도 가져왔어요 (igeotdo gajyeowasseoyo)

do you work today? =오늘 일해요? (oneul ilhaeyo?)
do you work today as well? =오늘도 일해요? (oneuldo ilhaeyo?)

depending on the location of the particle -도 (do) the mening of the entire sentence can cange ^^

Examples
Please give me water. = 물 주세요. [mul juseyo.]
Give that water to me, as well, not just to other people. = 저도 물 주세요. [jeodo mul juseyo.]
Give me not only other things but water as well. = 물도 주세요. [jeo muldo juseyo.]

In this lesson, we’ve looked at how to use -도 with nouns and pronouns. But what if you want to say “also” or “too” about verbs, too? Let us cover that in the following lesson (part 14).

see you at part 14 and thanks for learning with me ^_^



Credit : TTMIK
Posted by : @LeeSoYoung_soe
Facebook Fan Page : SoYoung The Kpopers
Please take full Credit if you share this.... credit me SoYoungTheKPopers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment