Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Korean Learn (Level 2 part 27) [please do something for me]



in the previous we learn adding -(으)세요 [-(eu)seyo] to tell someone doing something.

and now we wanna learn to make it more polite, more nice than before.

the way to make it more polite and add the nuance of asking for a favor, or asking someone to do something FOR YOU is with add -아/어/여 주세요 (-a/eo/yeo juseyo)

examples
오세요 (oseyo) = please come
와 주세요 (wa juseyo) = please do me a favor and come

하 세요 (ha seyo) = Do it
해 주세요 (hae juseyo) = please do me a favor and do it for me

Changing -세요 to -아/어/여 주세요 does not only make the sentence more polite, but it also adds the meaning of “for me”, so even if you are using the same verb and even if you don’t literally say the words “for me (lit. 저를 위해서)” in Korean, just using -아/어/여 주세요 at the end will automatically make the sentence mean “do it for me, please.”

For example, if you just want to say “아이스크림 사세요(= Buy ice cream)”, it can mean “buy yourself some ice cream” or “buy some ice cream for your friends”, but in Korean if you say 아이스크림 사 주세요 using the -아/어/여 주세요 form, you mean “Please buy me some ice cream” or if you are the one who’s selling the ice cream, you could mean “Please buy some ice cream from me if you want to help me.”

Often times, when you want to ask for help, it is more natural to add -아/어/여 주세요 at the end. For example, it’s not very natural to say “저를 도우세요!” (from the irregular verb, 돕다, to help) when you mean “Help me!”. You need to say “저를 도와 주세요” or just “도와 주세요” to sound more natural.

1. 가르치다 [ga-reu-chi-da] = to teach
가르치세요 [ga-reu-chi-se-yo] = Teach. / Please teach. (to whom is unknown)
가르쳐 주세요 [ga-reu-chyeo ju-se-yo] = Please teach me.
경은 씨한테 가르쳐 주세요 [gyeong-eun ssi-han-te ga-reu-chyeo ju-se-yo] = Please teach 경은 (how to do that).

2. 보다 [bo-da] = to see
보세요 [bo-se-yo] = See it. / Please see it.
봐 주세요. [bwa ju-se-yo] = Please see it, and I’d appreciate it. / Please be kind and see it.

Now if you’ve become somewhat familiar with this 주세요 (juseyo) ending, let us take a closer look at what 주세요 (juseyo) means.

주세요 (juseyo) comes from 주다 [ju-da], which means “to give”, so by adding 주세요 (juseyo) after a verb, you add the meaning of “give me the act of” doing something, so it means “do it for me.” And -아/어/여 (-a/eo/yeo) is just a connecting part for make the pronunciation a little softer.

Sample sentences
1. 영어를 배우고 있어요. 도와 주세요. [yeong-eo-reul bae-u-go i-sseo-yo. do-wa ju-se-yo.]= I’m learning English. Please help me.

2. 도와 줄 수 있어요? [do-wa jul su i-sseo-yo?]= Can you help me?

3. 배 고파요. 김밥 사 주세요. [bae go-pa-yo. gim-bap sa ju-se-yo.]= I’m hungry. Buy me some kimbap.

4. 무서워요. 같이 가 주세요. [mu-seo-wo-yo. ga-chi ga ju-se-yo.]= I’m scared. Please go with me.


finish than ^_^ thanks for learning with me ^_^


Credit : TTMIK
Posted by : @LeeSoYoung_soe
Facebook Fan Page : SoYoung The Kpopers
Please take full Credit if you share this.... credit me SoYoungTheKPopers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment